You must be signed in to print this content
Spicy Melon Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- ½ cantaloupe (seeds removed and cut into 1/3-inch slices)
- ½ honeydew melon (seeds removed and cut into 1/3-inch slices)
- ¼ seedless watermelon (cut into 1/3-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 serrano chili pepper (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon whole rainbow peppercorns
- Arrange the cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon on a large platter.
- In a small saucepan heat the lime juice, honey, and salt over low heat and cook until the honey has dissolved. Remove the mixture from the heat and cool completely.
- Whisk the olive oil into the mixture and add the serrano chili pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour the dressing over the melon slices and garnish with the Maldon salt.
- Put the peppercorns in a small plastic bag and using the bottom of a pot crush them until shattered but not powdery. Sprinkle over the salad.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 29 grams
- 2 grams
- 5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 224 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 25 grams