You must be signed in to print this content
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped fine)
- 1 carrot (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2-inch piece of Parmesan rind
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups little star pasta (stelline) or farfalline
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from one large lemon (optional))
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, celery, carrot, and shallots and cook, stirring often for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the sprigs of thyme, salt, Parmesan rind, chicken broth, and water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking to the pan. Return to a simmer and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until the pasta is cooked and the liquid is slightly thickened.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and Parmesan rind. Stir in the peas. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with grated cheese and lemon zest, if desired.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 38 grams
- 21 grams
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 17 milligrams
- 791 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 6 grams