If you are a Nevada Resident, California Resident, or a data subject in Europe, please see respectively the “Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents,” “Additional Disclosures for California Residents,” and “Additional Disclosures for People in Europe” sections below. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND SOURCES
We collect certain information about you when you use our services, including, without limitation, the necessary information you provide when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, or contact customer support. For the avoidance of doubt, this information referenced in the foregoing may include personal identifying information (“PII”).
The information that we collect, how we collect the information, and how we use and share that information, including the categories of information we collect and have collected in the last 12 months, are as follows:
Information You Provide To Us:
- Registered User Information. When you sign up to become a Registered User or create a registry, we may collect your name, e-mail address, physical address, zip code, and other PII. Registered Users may also provide information while using the Website.
- We collect certain information regarding the content you post on our Website or send as part of our Services, including, without limitation, content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Website in connection with Services (such as in product reviews or article comments). We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Services (such as when you reply to a comment on one of our articles). We will, however, never use or share such information for direct marketing purposes with any third parties.
- Other Information You Voluntarily Provide.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
- Information Collected Automatically From You.
In addition, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Services, which may include PII. The categories of information we automatically collect and have collected in the last twelve (12) months include:
- Device Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Geo-locational Information. Certain features and functionalities of the Website may be based on your location. The collection of this information occurs only when the Website is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such information by adjusting your browser settings, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
We use various current – and later – developed tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Services, including the following:
- Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit our Website to collect information that identifies your computer. This comprises information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, and what sections of our Website you visit (the “usage information”).
- Pixels are also known as web beacons, code embedded in a website, video, email, or advertisement that sends information about your use to a server. Pixels are combined with cookies to track activity by a particular browser on a particular device.
- Information from Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Consumers or users of the Services
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Services or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded services sell or distribute our products or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
- Aggregate or De-Identified Data.
In an ongoing effort to better understand users of our Website and the Products, we might use information, including information that has been aggregated or de-identified, to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our Website or Products. This aggregated or de-identified information does not identify you personally and shall not be construed as PII hereunder. We may use and share this aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For more information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Social Media and Technology Integrations.
- Purpose of Collection and Use.
- Provide our Website related support;
- Process and ship Product orders;
- Perform services requested by you, such as responding to general inquiries, comments, questions, and requests, and providing customer service;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Develop and provide you direct marketing and relevant content on our Website, including advertisements regarding products and services of ours or other entities and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services;
- Conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries;
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
- Sharing Your Information.
- Third Parties. We share information with certain necessary third parties (such as marketing partners) for commercial and/or marketing purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section above. We may also share your information with third parties when you voluntarily enter sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions. We share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name in advertising or marketing materials. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
- We share information with our related entities, including our parent and sister companies, for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations. We also share information with affiliates for commercial purposes.
- We share information with our partners about offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Business Transfers. We share information in the event of, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar corporate event, the sale of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Disclosure to Public Authorities. We may be required to share information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including in response to law enforcement requests or court orders and subpoenas. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of us, the Services, or anyone else.
We may, from time to time, share your usage and contact information with third parties for certain marketing or advertising purposes, such as technology services for ad distribution and ad optimization (defined as the tailoring, targeting (i.e., behavioral, contextual, and retargeting), analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing of ads), to the extent permitted by law.
We also may, from time to time, use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Services or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). For example, we do this by uploading a customer list to a technology service or incorporating a pixel from a technology service into our own Service, and the technology service matches common factors between our data and their data. These technology services may act as our service providers and sometimes retain our list for their matching purposes.3. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have many rights and choices regarding the data we collect about you, including the right to opt-out of us sharing certain data about you.
- Opt-Out of Sharing.
You may submit a request to opt-out of us sharing your information with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, such as technology services (when they are not acting merely as our service providers) for ad distribution, ad optimization (defined as the tailoring, targeting (i.e., behavioral, contextual, and retargeting), analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing of ads), or list matching.
To opt-out, please send us an email at shop@Giadzy.com stating your desire to opt-out in the subject line.
You may opt-out of the tailoring of advertising based on information we collect. We also may, from time to time, use technology services (for example, Google Adwords) to advertise to users of our Website on websites owned or operated by other entities. This means that we advertise to previous visitors to the Website who have not completed a task on the Website, such as leaving un-purchased items in your shopping cart. For Google Adwords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Account Information Choices.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, to the extent permitted by law.
Tracking Technologies Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, that there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do about these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser, “Do Not Track” settings, and/or signals.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies, some parts of the Services may not function correctly as intended.
Choices Regarding Our Communications With You.
- Opt-Out for Direct Marketing; Email Management. You may opt-out at any time from receiving marketing and non-transactional emails from us at any time by emailing us at shop@Giadzy.com and indicating your desire to opt-out in the subject line. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. You may also opt-out of and manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any Giadzy marketing email and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you. You cannot opt-out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your Registered User account, any Product orders, or Giadzy’s ongoing business relations to the extent permitted by law.
- Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt-out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/. To opt-out of using your data for Matched Ads or other third-party sharing for advertising and/or marketing purposes, please contact us as outlined in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt-out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable technology service not serve you matched ads based on the information we provide to it.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We implement and maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information, designed to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of such information, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.5. CHILDREN’S DATA
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
Our servers are in the US, and the information we collect is governed by US law. If you are accessing the Services from outside of the US, please be aware that any information collected through the Services, including personal information, will be transferred, processed, stored, and used in the US and other jurisdictions. Data protection laws in the US and other jurisdictions may differ from those of your country of residence.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
E-mail us at shop@Giadzy.com;
Or write to us at:
Giadzy.com 11601 Wilshire Blvd. #2200 Los Angeles, Ca. 90025
9. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS.
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us at shop@Giadzy.com.10. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete, and opt-out and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
- Notice of Collection.
As described in this Policy and as set forth below, we collect the following categories of personal information, as enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number, account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Services.
- Audio or visual data, including pictures or videos you post on our Services.
- Geolocation data, including location-enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences, and favorites.
Please review the Information Collection and Use section above for more information on, in the preceding 12 months, (1) how we have used and may use your personal information; (2) who we shared your personal information with; and (3) what sources we obtained your personal information from. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the Purpose of Collection and Use section, including to provide and manage our Services.
Some of our sharing may be a “sale” under the CCPA, which you have a right to Opt Out of, as explained below. Specifically, such “sales” may include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in the Analytics and Advertising section. Giadzy discloses the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data, and inferences. We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the Sharing of Information section for more detail about the parties we have shared information with.
- Right to Know and Delete.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the PII we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding twelve (12) months. You have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To request information, email us at shop@Giadzy.com with the subject line "Right to Know and Delete”
Right to Opt-Out.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information by us to third parties at any time (and non-California residents may exercise the opt-out rights described above in this Policy). You may submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at shop@Giadzy.com.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
- Right to Non-Discrimination.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising any of your rights.
- Financial Incentives.
Financial incentives are programs, benefits, or other offerings, including payments to consumers as compensation for the disclosure, deletion, or sale of personal information about them.
We may offer discounted prices to consumers who sign up to be on our mailing lists or provide promotional discounts. All credits are subject to review and approval per our terms of service and may be subject to minimum purchase restrictions. You are only eligible to receive shop credit for the first ten people who use your referral code. After that, you may still refer your friends and family, but you will not be eligible to receive additional shop credit.
- Shine the Light.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at shop@Giadzy.com and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
11. Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First-party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons, and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notifications of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies, and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. If you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end-user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements.
Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers, and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit the National Advertising Initiative opt-out page. You may also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website and the Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt-out in connection with mobile apps or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt-out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects, and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partner.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Raptive (“Raptive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and Raptive will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Raptive’s data usage, click here: https://cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy