You must be signed in to print this content
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed, cleaned and halved
3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar, such as Guerzoni
- 1/4 teaspoon flake salt, such as Maldon
- 1/3 cup shaved pecorino Toscano cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet combine the brussels sprouts, olive oil and salt. Toss well to coat. Arrange the sprouts so they are cut side down and roast until the cut side is deep golden brown and few leaves are crispy, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with 2 tablespoons balsamic. Toss well to coat. Return the sprouts to the oven until the balsamic is sticky and clinging to the sprouts, another 5 minutes. Toss well and season with the flake salt. Pile half the roasted sprouts on a platter or bowl and sprinkle with halve the cheese. Top with the remaining sprouts, sprinkle with the pomegranate arils and cover with the remaining pecorino shavings. Serve with more balsamic for drizzling if desired.