Giada De Laurentiis
- 4 ounces bacon (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 heart of romaine lettuce (shredded)
- 6 to 8 cocktail or Campari tomatoes
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Cocktails and Comfort.
- Place the bacon in a small skillet, heat over medium heat until beginning to sizzle. Reduce the heat to medium low, cook until crisp and golden brown, about 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the hot bacon fat, cook, stirring often, until lightly toasted and crunchy, about 3 minutes. Remove the breadcrumbs to a separate paper towel-lined plate, spread evenly, and then sprinkle with the Parmesan to melt slightly.
- With a rubber spatula, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Add the shredded romaine, toss well to coat.
- Cut a small amount off the bottom of each tomato to create a flat surface to sit on. Then cut off the tops as well. Run a small knife around the inside of the tomatoes to loosen the flesh. Using a 1/2-teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop out and discard the insides of each tomato.
- Divide the bacon among the tomatoes, pushing it down slightly. Top with some of the romaine, followed by the bacon-parmesan breadcrumbs. Serve at room temperature.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 12 grams
- 7 grams
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 21 milligrams
- 273 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 6 grams