Spiced Bourbon, Beer and Maple Martinis
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup chilled bourbon
- 1/4 cup chilled dark beer (such as Negro Modelo)
- 1/4 cup chilled pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- Ice cubes
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 4 small dried red chiles (such as japones, rinsed and patted dry)
- Combine the bourbon, beer and maple syrup in a martini shaker. Fill the shaker with ice cubes. Cover and shake about 8 times. Strain the drink equally into 4 large chilled martini glasses.
- Using a nutmeg grater, grate about 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg over each martini. Add a chile to each martini and stir to blend. Serve very cold.