Crispy Chicken Taquitos
Giada De Laurentiis
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 8 6 inch flour tortillas
- 8 to othpicks
- sour cream to serve (optional)
- salsa to serve (optional)
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Season 2, Episode 4. Christmas Sing-A-Long.
- Add enough oil to a heavy bottom straight sided pan to come 2 inches up the sides. Place over medium heat and warm to 350 degrees on a deep fry thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, cheese, cumin and salsa. Spoon about a 1/4 cup of the mixture into the center of each tortilla. Roll the tortillas tightly around the filling and secure with a toothpick. Working in batches of 2 or 3 at a time place the flautas in the hot oil and fry, flipping as needed to brown evenly, until crispy and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, remove the taquitos to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Continue with the remaining taquitos. Serve along side salsa and sour cream for dipping if desired.