Cheesy Lemon Pizza
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- All-purpose flour (for dusting hands and work surface)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup torn mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Pizza and Pasta Party.
- Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator 1 hour before starting.
- Position oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon zest, oregano and salt. Set aside.
- Using a touch of flour to prevent sticking, stretch out the pizza dough into an 11-by-16-inch oval. Coat a baking sheet with the olive oil. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and spread evenly with the ricotta mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the ricotta.
- Bake on the lower rack for 10 minutes. Rotate to the upper rack and bake until deep golden brown, an additional 10 minutes. Remove the pizza to a cooling rack and sprinkle with the Parmesan, basil and pepper flakes. Cut into pieces and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- 12 grams
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 27 milligrams
- 472 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 1 grams