Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1 pound loaf frozen bread dough, thawed, such as Bridgeford
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- pinch of kosher salt
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 5. Film Festival.
- Thaw the bread dough according to package instructions.
- Brush a 12 x 8 1/2 inch straight sided pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 12 x 8 inches. Place the rolled dough onto the prepared pan and brush the top of the dough with the remaining olive oil. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft free place for 2 hours or until puffed and doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the sugar over the risen dough. Place the blueberries on top and press gently into the dough. Sprinkle the berries with the remaining cinnamon sugar and the pinch of salt. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and cooked through. Remove the focaccia from the pan to a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.