Photo Credit: Food Network
Mascarpone whipped with peanut butter and pound cake in place of bread transforms these sandwiches into a seriously sweet treat!
PB and J Tea Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 thin slices pound cake from one 10.75-ounce cake
- 10 teaspoons grape jelly or your favorite jam
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Santa's Cookies.
- Special equipment: a 1 1/2-inch fluted round cutter
- Combine the peanut butter, mascarpone, honey and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Using a rubber spatula, mix everything together until smooth and evenly combined.
- Spread 10 slices of pound cake with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture. Then spread with 1 teaspoon grape jelly. Complete the sandwiches with a second slice of pound cake. Use a 1 1/2-inch fluted round cutter to cut out little finger sandwiches.