Sweet and Spicy Bacon Bites
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound slab bacon (cut into 1-by-1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Weekend Brunch.
- Place the bacon in an even layer in a large skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often with a rubber spatula, until the bacon is light golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the maple syrup, black pepper and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pour off some of the rendered bacon fat, leaving just a small amount. Return the skillet to the heat and pour the maple syrup mixture over the bacon. Braise gently until the syrup thickens and glazes the bacon and the bacon is deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.