You must be signed in to print this content
Arugula Pesto Pasta With Shrimp
Main Course pasta
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 garlic clove
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, such as Fratepietro
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
1 pound long pasta, such as Spaghetti Chittara or Vermicelli Lunghi
- Lemon zest, (for garnish)
- 10 parsley leaves, (chopped, for garnish)
- Blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup of oil, processing until well blended. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the grill (high heat). Using a knife, cut the back of the shrimp. Brush the shrimp with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill the shrimp until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto in the large bowl to coat, adding the reserved cooking liquid 1 tablespoon at a time to moisten. Top with the grilled shrimp. Garnish with the lemon zest and parsley.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 58 grams
- 23 grams
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- Trans Fat
- 1 grams
- 101 milligrams
- 569 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat
- 16 grams