You must be signed in to print this content
Giada De Laurentiis
- Butter for greasing
- 2 cups 12 ounces red cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups 12 ounces yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup capers (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus extra for seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus extra for seasoning)
- 1/2 cup Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
1 pound short tube-shaped pasta, such as Ziti or Ziti Corti
- 1 1/4 cups 2 1/2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the tomatoes, capers, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in the prepared baking dish. Toss to coat. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the tomato mixture. Drizzle the top with olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the pasta. Add the cheese and toss well. Thin out the sauce with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 66 grams
- 13 grams
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 10 milligrams
- 292 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 4 grams