You must be signed in to print this content
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Stew
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 2 inch dice)
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Hunts tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can Hunts fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained and rinsed)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 3 inch parmesan rind
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes (halved)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and the chicken and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is browned all around.
- To a slow cooker add the diced tomatoes, red pepper, and onion. Stir in the chicken and the juices. Sprinkle with the capers and tuck in the bay leaf and cheese rind. Pour in the chicken broth and add the potatoes. Set the slow cooker to high for 5 hours.
- Serve over rice or with crusty bread if desired.
- This post is brought to you in partnership with Hunt's.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 27 grams
- 41 grams
- 17 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 167 milligrams
- 777 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 8 grams