Photo Credit: Food Network
Crab and Cherry Tomato Fettuccini
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fettuccini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic smashed and peeled
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Two 14-ounce cans cherry or baby Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat picked through for shells
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- Torn basil leaves for garnish, optional
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: The Night Before Christmas Party.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain well, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, shallots, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until fragrant but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the skillet with the white wine, then bring to a boil and cook until almost entirely evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and oregano; bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crabmeat and butter, stirring until the butter is emulsified. Add the pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water, and sprinkle the plain pasta with the Parmesan before stirring. Using two spoons, toss well to coat.
- Continue cooking until the pasta is al dente, adding additional pasta water as needed, 2 more minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with additional Parmesan and torn basil, if desired.