Ham And Cheese Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs separated
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced black forest ham chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a griddle over medium low heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper flakes. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg yolks. Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet ingredients into the dry and allow to rest while you beat the egg white.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl. Using a handheld mixer on medium speed, beat the whites until they hold soft peaks, about 2 to 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whites into the wet mixture until a few streaks remain. Add the scallion, ham and cheese and continue to fold until everything is evenly incorporated. Lightly oil the griddle. Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the batter onto the preheated griddle and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook an additional 3 minutes on the other side. Continue with the remaining batter. Serve with Dijon maple syrup if desired.
- *Cooks note: To make Dijon maple syrup simply whisk 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard into 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and season with 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt.