You must be signed in to print this content
Saltine Crusted Shrimp with Curry Ketchup
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon madras curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 20 saltine crackers (crushed finely)
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- In a small bowl whisk together the ketchup, curry powder, and fennel pollen. Set aside to let the flavors relax as you prepare the shrimp.
- Add the flour and ¼ teaspoon salt to a small shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a third shallow bowl, place the crushed saltines. One at a time, coat the shrimp in the flour, then in the egg, and finally, with the saltines. Pack the shrimp well with the crackers and place on a plate. Continue until all of the shrimp are coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup of olive oil and warm for an additional minute. Add about half of the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp are golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with half of the remaining salt.
- Wipe the pan clean, add the remaining ¼ cup oil and continue with the remaining shrimp, then remove to the plate and sprinkle with the remaining salt. Serve alongside the curry ketchup for dipping.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 15 grams
- 1 grams
- 138 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 9 grams