Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Authentic Linguine Alla Puttanesca has never been easier than with these spice packets straight from the south of Italy in Calabria. On her travels to Italy, Giada would always stuff her suitcase with these packets to bring home to family and friends – and now you can grab them online in our pantry!
Tutto Calabria Puttanesca
- 1 cup water
- 1 full packet Tutto Calabria Linguine Alla Puttanesca spice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 pound pasta, such as linguine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for finishing, optional
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 1 cup of water. Once the water is simmering, add the contents of the spice packet. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until warmed through. Set the heat to medium-low and add the tomato sauce. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- With a pasta fork or spider, transfer the pasta directly to the pan with the tomato sauce. Toss to coat the pasta in sauce. Add leftover pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan and serve.