Photo Credit: Food Network
This risotto is both decadent and bright from the lemon at once! It’s the perfect accompanying side dish to seafood or chicken.
Lemon and Chive Risotto
For The Broth:
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Zest of 3 lemons removed with a vegetable peeler
- 3 large rinds Parmesan cheese
- 1 bay leaf
For The Risotto:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Taste Of Capri Party.
For the lemon Parmesan broth:
- Add the thyme, lemon zest, Parmesan rinds and bay leaf to a medium sauce pan. Cover the mixture with 5 cups water. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, skimming the surface as needed. Strain, discarding the solids and reserving the liquid.
For the risotto:
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the shallot and cook until the shallot is soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and toast, stirring often to coat the rice in the flavored oil, for 2 more minutes. Season with the salt, deglaze with the white wine and cook, stirring often, until the wine is almost entirely absorbed. Add 1 cup of the lemon Parmesan broth and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is nearly absorbed. Continue to cook, adding more broth by the cup and stirring often, until the rice is just tender and the mixture is creamy, about 25 minutes total. Finish with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the chives and grated Parmesan, if using.