Homemade pizza dough topped with Nutella, chocolate chips and toasted hazelnuts.
- 1 pound homemade pizza dough recipe follows, or purchased pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread recommended: Nutella
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup warm water 105 to 110 degrees F
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for kneading
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for bowl
- As seen on: Everyday Italian. Pizza Party.
- Position the oven rack on the bottom of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the dough to a 9-inch-diameter round. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Using your fingers, make indentations all over the dough. Brush the dough with butter, then bake until the crust is crisp and pale golden brown, about 20 minutes. Immediately spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread over the pizza then sprinkle all the chocolate chips over. Bake just until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the pizza. Cut into wedges and serve.
- For the pizza dough: Mix the warm water and yeast in a small bowl to blend. Let stand until the yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes. Mix the flour and salt in a food processor to blend. Blend in the oil. With the machine running, add the yeast mixture and blend just until the dough forms. Turn the dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm draft-free area until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour. Punch the down dough and form into ball. The dough can be used immediately or stored airtight in the refrigerator for 1 day.
- Yield: 1 (16-ounce) ball of pizza dough