Giada De Laurentiis
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and the oil in a deep large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until pale golden and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly. Coarsely shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, add the mushrooms to the same pan. Sauté over medium-high heat until the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates and the mushrooms become pale golden, about 12 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme, and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until it evaporates, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to the bowl with the chicken.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in the same pan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, broth, cream, nutmeg, remaining 1 3/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 1 minute.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 9 minutes. Drain. Add the linguine, sauce, peas, and parsley to the chicken mixture. Toss until the sauce coats the pasta and the mixture is well blended.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish. Stir the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the pasta. Bake uncovered until golden brown on top and the sauce bubbles, about 25 minutes.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 53 grams
- 52 grams
- 33 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 17 grams
- 181 milligrams
- 1089 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 12 grams
2 reviews & comments
What cAn i use instead of dry wine?? I dont want to use any kind if wine
One of my favorite !! The ideal dish when people get home for a sunday lunch.