Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Juicy grilled rib-eye steak prepared Florentine-style with lemon zest and herbs.
- One 2-pound rib-eye steak about 2-inches thick
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary plus whole sprigs for basting
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon half charred on the grill if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt to finish
- As seen on: Giada In Italy, Episode 1. Tuscan Lunch: An Affair of the Heart.
- Place the steak on a rimmed plate or baking sheet and rub all over with the smashed garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle evenly with the rosemary, thyme and lemon zest. Drizzle with the olive oil. Rub the herb mixture into the meat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the steak evenly on both sides with the salt. Grill until nicely seared all around, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the steak to the wire rack, and transfer to the oven. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle of the steak reads 120 degrees F.
- Remove the steak to a plate, and squeeze the lemon half over the top. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Finish with a sprinkling of coarse salt.