Photo Credit: Food Network
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- One 17.3-ounce package frozen puff pastry thawed
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 10 large 16/20 shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 large egg beaten
- Pesto marinara and/or ketchup, for dipping
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Jade's Chocolate Factory.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the Parmesan and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Lay the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and gently roll out to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out 10 hearts using a 4 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 shrimp on half of a heart. Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of the cheese mixture. Brush the edges with egg wash, fold the heart in half and seal. Place on a baking sheet and continue with the remaining shrimp and pastry hearts. Place 2 halves together on the baking sheet so you have 5 full hearts. Repeat with the remaining halves. Brush with the remaining egg wash (it will drip down and glue the two halves together).
- Bake until golden brown and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with pesto, marinara and/or ketchup, if desired. Pull apart with your best friend.