Balsamic Roasted Pears
- 3 medium to large pears, such as Bartlett, halved and cored
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup good quality aged
balsamic, such as Villa Manadori Cherry
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Vanilla gelato or ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a medium, oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat. Add the butter and balsamic, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until melted. Add the cinnamon stick and turn off the heat.
- Place the halved pears face-down in the pan. Place the skillet in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the balsamic appears reduced and syrupy but not burnt, and the pears are soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly for 10 minutes before serving with gelato or ice cream. Alternatively, bring to room temperature and store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days before heating up to serve.