Dairy-Free One Pan Chicken Marsala
The Giadzy Kitchen
- 2 chicken breasts (butterflied and halved – about 1.5#)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour (or rice flour, for dredging)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (divided)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 shallots (sliced 1/4” thick)
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 5 oz cremini mushrooms (sliced 1/4” thick)
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Prepare the 2 chicken breasts by slicing in half horizontally. To even out the cutlets and reduce cooking time, cover the cutlets with plastic wrap and pound them thin either using a meat tenderizer or the bottom of a heavy pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets evenly with 2 teaspoons of salt. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour and shake off any excess. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 4 chicken breast pieces and sear until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring often, until tender and the juices evaporate, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the Marsala wine. Simmer until the Marsala reduces by half, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the broth and the thyme leaves. Simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet, making sure to pour in any juices that may have collected on the plate. Cook just until heated through, turning to coat in the sauce once or twice, about 2 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to plates. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve. Sprinkle more fresh thyme leaves over the top if desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 15 grams
- 27 grams
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 72 milligrams
- 1600 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 4 grams