Healthier Chicken Parmesan
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 3 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup marinara sauce (homemade or a good quality jarred sauce)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- In a small bowl, stir the oil, thyme, rosemary, and parsley together to blend. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until browned, about 1 minute per side. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of mozzarella over each cutlet, then sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan. Dot the tops with the butter pieces, and bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- 1 Serving
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 18.9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7.7 grams
- Trans Fat
- 0.2 grams
- 70.8 milligrams
- 451.6 milligrams
- 4.6 grams
- 1 grams
- 2.9 grams
- 20.7 grams