Roasted Broccoli and Brussels Salad
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup diced or chopped parmesan cheese, cut in 1/3 inch pieces
- 5 medjool dates, sliced into rounds
For The Vegetables:
For The Salad:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Place the broccoli florets and brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet, spreading them out to be an even layer. Add the quarter cup of olive oil and sprinkle with one teaspoon salt. Toss well to coat. Roast the vegetables, rotating and stirring halfway through, until deeply browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, Calabrian chili paste and salt. Add the roasted vegetables and toss well to coat them in the dressing. Add the almonds, parmesan cheese and dates and toss again to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.