Triple Ginger Bread
Giada De Laurentiis
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- ¼ cups pomegranate molasses
- 1 cup buttermilk (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystalized ginger
- Whipped cream (for serving (optional))
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 10 x 5-inch loaf pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer beat the ½ cup butter and sugar on medium speed for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the grated ginger and mix to combine. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time, mixing to incorporate between additions and stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Mix in the pomegranate molasses. (The mixture will look separated.) Stop the machine and add half of the flour mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. Add the buttermilk and mix on low to combine. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat on low until it just comes together.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the batter by hand a few times just to make sure it is all incorporated. Pour the batter into the buttered loaf pan and sprinkle with the crystalized ginger, pressing it gently into the
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack until completely cooled. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 42 grams
- 5 grams
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 45 milligrams
- 209 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 22 grams