Spicy Tequila Lime Chicken Wings
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound chicken wings (tips removed and wings split)
- 1/2 cup sliver tequila
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons harissa paste (depending on your spice level)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- Place the chicken wings in a resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl whisk together the tequila, lime juice and zest, harissa, agave and salt. Add the marinade to the wings and seal the bag. Toss the wings in the marinade to coat evenly. Place in the refrigerator and allow the wings to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a small baking tray with nonstick cooking spray. Lay each wing out on the tray so they do not touch each other. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, flipping the wings half way through, until cooked through and deep golden brown. Meanwhile place the marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until it is reduced to a glaze consistency. Remove the glaze from the heat and add the cooked chicken wings. Toss to coat.