Roasted Carrot Hummus
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 pound carrots (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and left whole)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 15ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Root vegetable chips for dipping
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 2. Hidden Talent Party.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a small straight sided baking sheet toss together the carrots, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 15 minutes or until the carrots and garlic are both tender and soft. Remove fro the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Place the carrots, garlic and chickpeas in a food processor. Pulse to combine and break apart slightly. Add the lemon juice, ½ cup olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper. Puree until smooth and an even pale orange. Serve with root vegetable chips for dipping.