Charred Brussels Sprout Crostini
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 24 crostini (see Cook's Note)
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook Episode 3. Friendsgiving Party.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Combine the sugar and Champagne vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cook until the sugar is fully dissolved and the mixture has thickened just slightly, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the dried cranberries. Let sit for 10 minutes to plump the cranberries.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, combine the sliced Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper flakes. Toss well to coat. Broil for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through and rotating the baking sheet as needed for even browning. Add the sprouts to a medium bowl and toss with the cranberry mixture while hot. Set aside for 5 minutes to let the flavors marry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the ricotta. Using a small offset spatula, spread the crostini with the ricotta mixture. Top each crostini with a spoonful of the Brussel sprout mixture and sprinkle with a few pine nuts.