You must be signed in to print this content
Caramel Apple Semifreddo
Giada De Laurentiis
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 9 whole cinnamon graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup plain apple butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One 12.25-ounce jar caramel sauce
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream (softened, such as Edy's)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- Chopped chocolate almond toffee (such as Almond Roca, for garnish)
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Episode 2. Classic Thanksgiving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.In the bowl of a food processor, process the graham crackers until finely crushed. Add the melted butter and process until it resembles wet sand. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until golden around the edges and fragrant, 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the apple butter, cinnamon, salt and caramel sauce. Set aside.
- Place the softened ice cream in a large bowl. Add the caramel mixture and the almonds, and fold everything together with a rubber spatula until completely incorporated. Switch to a whisk if you like. Pour the mixture over the crust. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the cake. Place in the freezer and freeze at least 8 hours or ideally overnight.
- To serve, run a thin knife around the edge of the pan, and then release the sides. Sprinkle with the almond toffee, slice and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 73 grams
- 6 grams
- 26 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 66 milligrams
- 388 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 59 grams