You must be signed in to print this content
Chai Chocolate Truffles
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 7 bags chai tea (such as Tazo)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces dark chocolate (70 percent cocoa, chopped)
- 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- Gold dust (for garnish, optional)
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Episode 1. 'Tis The Season.
- Combine the heavy cream and tea bags in a small saucepan. Place the pan over medium-low heat and warm gently, stirring occasionally, until bubbles just start to form around the edges of the cream, about 5 minutes. Simmer 3 minutes more and then turn off the heat.
- Place the chopped chocolate and salt in a medium bowl. Strain the hot cream mixture through a fine-mesh strainer over the chocolate and let sit for 3 minutes. Slowly whisk the now-melted chocolate into the cream, starting with small circles in the center of the bowl and moving into larger circles as the mixture begins to come together, stop when smooth and completely blended. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the ganache and refrigerate for about 3 hours, or until just set and cold but still pliable.
- Place the cocoa powder in a shallow bowl. With a 1-ounce scoop, scoop level rounds of the ganache into your palm and gently roll into a ball. Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder to coat, then place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sift a touch of gold dust, if using, over the top of the truffles for sparkle.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 15 grams
- 37 grams
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 95 milligrams
- 680 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams