Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- One 16-ounce tube ready-to-bake buttermilk biscuit dough
- One 15-ounce jar fudge sauce (warmed slightly, for dipping)
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 3. Party In The Kitchen.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it reaches about 375 degrees F.In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Separate the biscuits, then gently press and elongate into 1/3-inch-thick rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 1/4-inch slices--you should get about 8 long slices per biscuit. Twist the ends of each slice in opposite directions 4 times.
- Fry the churros in batches, stirring and flipping as needed, about 30 seconds per batch.
- Remove the churros to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain, then toss in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with the fudge sauce on the side.