Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest (from 1/2 an orange)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 thick slices rustic bread
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 strawberries (hulled and sliced thin)
- Preheat the broiler to high. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta, orange zest, and salt. Brush both sides of each slice of bread with the olive oil. Sprinkle the tops of the slices evenly with half of the sugar mixture. Place on a baking sheet, sugar side up, and broil on high for 3 minutes.
- Flip the slices, sprinkle evenly with another quarter of the sugar, and continue to toast until golden brown and caramelized on both sides. Remove from the oven and spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the tops. Arrange the slices of berries decoratively over the ricotta. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and serve.