Rib-Eye Steaks with Smokey Arrabiata Sauce
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained and rinsed)
- 1 3-inch long serrano or Thai chile, stemmed, 1/2 of the seeds removed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (plus extra for seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (plus extra for seasoning)
- 2 1 pound rib-eye steaks, each about 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Sauce:
For the Steaks:
- Originally seen on Giada At Home. Episode: Modern Italian.
- For the sauce: In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, capers, chile, sugar, paprika, and salt. Process until slightly chunky. Pour the sauce into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 25 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and smoked paprika, to taste.
- For the steaks: Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Drizzle the steaks on both sides with olive oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes each side for medium-rare. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steaks across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices and serve with the sauce.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 15 grams
- 17 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 49 milligrams
- 364 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams
- Trans Fat
- 1 grams