Peach And Cherry Salad With Burrata
- 6 ripe yellow peaches cut into wedges
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, such as Bono Il Sole, plus extra for drizzling
1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar, such as Bonini
Vivace, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces fresh burrata, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon flake salt, such as Maldon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more as needed
- 8 slices from a rustic Italian loaf
For the Salad:
For The Bread:
- In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, basil, mint, red pepper flakes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside and let the mixture marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the bread slices with oil and grill until lightly marked on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- To serve, spoon the peach and cherry mixture onto a platter. Tear the burrata into bite-sized pieces and arrange them over the salad. Sprinkle the ﬂake salt evenly over the cheese and drizzle the cheese with a little extra olive oil, balsamic, and fresh herbs if desired. Serve with the grilled bread.