Crispy Stuffing and Turkey Bites
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest (from 1/2 an orange)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup finely diced cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 3 eggs (divided)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup diced smoked mozzarella (16 (1/2 inch) pieces)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
For The Cranberry Dipping Sauce:
For The Balls:
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Season 2, Episode 4. Thanksgiving Brunch.
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree the cranberry sauce, mayonnaise and orange zest until evenly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the turkey, stuffing, parmesan cheese, rosemary and one egg. Mix well until the mixture is evenly moistened. Place the flour, remaining 2 eggs and panko bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Beat the eggs to break apart until one cohesive color. Using a 1 tablespoon scooper, scoop a ball of the turkey mixture. Press one piece of smoked mozzarella into the middle of the ball and reform the mixture around the cheese. Bread the stuffed ball starting with the flour, then egg and lastly the panko. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Fry 4 to 5 or the balls at a time in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until deep golden brown and hot all the way through. Remove from the oil onto a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Serve along side the cranberry mayonnaise for dipping.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 18 grams
- 9 grams
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 59 milligrams
- 257 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 5 grams