Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch medium carrots, 6 to 7 carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons Calabrian chili paste
1 (4-ounce) burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup salted pistachios, chopped
- 3 tablespoons small basil leaves
- Flake salt and extra virgin olive oil, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
On a rimmed baking sheet toss together the carrots, olive oil, salt, maple syrup, and Calabrian chili paste. Cover the tray tightly with a piece of foil and roast until the carrots are just fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the foil and roast, until the carrots are caramelized and glazed, another 15 minutes, flipping halfway through to coat the carrots in the sauce. Remove the carrots to a platter and drizzle with any glaze or juice that is left on the tray. Dry the burrata well on paper towel and tear the burrata over the carrots. Nestle the pieces decoratively among the carrots. Sprinkle with the pistachios and basil. Season with flake salt and a drizzle of olive oil.