Steak and Guacamole Buns
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 avocado (pitted and flesh diced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 potato buns (such as Martins)
- 4 1/4 inch slices smoked mozzarella cheese, about 1/2 pound
- 4 2ounce beef fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
For the Guacamole:
For the sandwiches:
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 1. Jade's Slumber Party.
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocado, lemon juice and salt with the back of a fork. Set aside.
- Open the 4 potato buns. Place a slice of smoked mozzarella on the bottom of each bun and divide the avocado spread on the tops.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the filets and pound them to about 1/6 inch thick. Season the fillets evenly with the cumin and salt. Drizzle with the oil and place on the hot grill. Cook on the first side until deep brown grill marks form, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue to cook an additional minute until just cooked through. Place the hot filets on top of the cheese on the bottom of the buns. Top with a few leaves of arugula and the top half of the bun.