You must be signed in to print this content
Spiced Pumpkin-Raisin Cookies
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup raw sugar (plus additional for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and allspice. Stir to blend well. In a large bowl combine the sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, syrup and vanilla, whisk to blend. Using a flexible rubber spatula, gradually stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture. Stir in raisins.
- For each cookie, drop 1 generous tablespoon batter onto the prepared sheet, spacing the mounds about 1 inch apart. (Or use a mini ice cream scoop.) Using moistened fingertips, flatten each to a 2-inch-diameter round. Sprinkle each cookie with a bit more raw sugar.
- Bake the cookies until brown and a bit firm to the touch, 17 to 20 minutes. Using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely.