You must be signed in to print this content
Spicy Baked Eggs
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 pound pancetta (diced)
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 14.5 ounce can Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 chopped baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk ricotta cheese
- black pepper and olive oil if desired
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Position a rack in the top third of the oven.
- Place the pancetta in a medium nonstick skillet. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes. Add the onion, paprika, red pepper flakes, oregano and salt. Cook for an additional 2 minutes until fragrant and the onions are soft. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Make small divots in the sauce in 4 spots. Break an egg into each little divot. Place in the oven and bake for about 9 minutes or until the whites are just set and yolks are still soft. Dollop the ricotta in the middle to warm through. Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle with olive oil if desired.
- Serve with toast or crusty bread for dipping.
- This post is brought to you in partnership with Hunt's.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 44 grams
- 11 grams
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 7 milligrams
- 566 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 12 grams