You must be signed in to print this content
Smoked Scamorza, Spinach and Pancetta Pizza
Giada De Laurentiis
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta (chopped)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons flour (for dusting)
- 1 16ounce pizza dough
- 1/2 pound smoked scamorza or smoked mozzarella (grated)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- As seen on: Giada in Italy, Episode 6. Napoli Pizza Party.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place rack on the highest level and leave space on the bottom of the oven to easily access.
- Place the pancetta in a large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Cook the pancetta stirring often with a wooden spoon, until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain half of the fat. Add the spinach and turn off the heat. Stir until the spinach is wilted. Set aside.
- Dust a rimmed baking sheet that has been flipped upside down with flour. Gently stretch the pizza dough and place on the dusted tray. Continue to stretch out to 1/4 inch thick leaving it a little thicker around the edges. Sprinkle the dough with half of the cheese. Spoon the spinach mixture over the cheese layer and top with the remaining cheese. Place the sheet tray directly on the bottom of the oven and bake for 5minutes. After 5 minutes, move the tray to the top shelf and finish cooking for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown and the crust is cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Crack the 4 eggs in the oil and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Top the pizza with the eggs and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 54 grams
- 31 grams
- 35 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 14 grams
- 227 milligrams
- 1341 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 7 grams