Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 chipotle in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup beer (such as Modelo Especial)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest (1/2 orange)
- 12 flour tortillas
- 8 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 small head savoy cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 3 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 limes (cut into wedges)
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 3. Party In The Kitchen.
- For the pulled pork: In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, coriander, salt and oregano. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork roast and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker, combine the onion, garlic, chipotle and adobo sauce, beer, and orange zest. Add the browned roast along with any pan juices. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- When the pork is cooked and fork tender, shred it using two forks. Add the shredded meat back to the slow cooker and toss with the onions and cooking juices. Keep warm in the slow cooker for people to help themselves and assemble the tacos with all the garnishes.