Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 5 limes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 3 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 1 4-inch piece lemongrass, minced (about 1/4 cup)*
- 1 Thai chile (such as prik kee noo, or 1 serrano chile, stemmed and thinly sliced*)
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce (leaves separated)
- Serving suggestion: sticky or steamed white rice
For the Dressing:
For the Larb:
- For the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lemon juice, fish sauce and honey. Set aside.
- For the Larb: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, shallots, lemongrass, chile, and salt, to taste. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat and vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the dressing to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the mint. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the turkey mixture onto the lettuce leaves and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with sticky rice.