Ribeye Steak Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Main Course Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra for brushing)
- 2 1-inch-thick rib-eye steaks (about 1 pound each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula (washed and spun dry)
- 11/2 cups roasted peppers (rinsed and patted dry)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Small block Parmigiano Reggiano (about 8 ounces)
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season steaks with salt and pepper. When pan starts to smoke, carefully add steaks. Allow the steaks to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on 1 side, without moving or piercing the meat. This will help create a good, crusty sear. When steaks are brown, flip and sear the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove meat to a large plate and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Decoratively line a large platter with arugula. Tear the roasted peppers into large pieces and scatter over the arugula. In a small bowl, whisk in the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and any meat juices that may have collected on the plate from the steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice the steaks across the grain and on a bias into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces. Lay the slices on top of the salad and drizzle with dressing. Using a vegetable peeler, shave roughly 1/2 cup fresh Parmigiano over the dish.
- per serving
- 9 grams
- 25 grams
- 38 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 69 milligrams
- 2700 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams