You must be signed in to print this content
Raffy's Turkey Sausage and Chestnut Stuffing
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 medium green apple (cored and diced into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 medium red apple (cored and diced into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion (diced into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (plus 2 tablespoons cubed)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 6-ounce bag dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage (meat removed from casing)
- 8 ounce jar steamed whole chestnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 pound day old cornbread or bread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup canned chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- This recipe originally appeared on Everyday Italian. Episode: Holiday Side Dishes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saute pan add the apples, onion, 1 tablespoon oil and butter cook over a medium low heat for 10 minutes to soften. Add the wine, cranberries, and salt and pepper, simmer for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turkey sausage meat and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl toss together the fruit and onion mixture, the sausage, the chestnuts, the cornbread and red pepper flakes. Combine all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken stock, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Gently place into an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2- inch glass Pyrex baking dish and top with the remaining Parmesan. Dot with butter. Place in middle rack and bake until top is golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 75 grams
- 21 grams
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 78 milligrams
- 1780 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 34 grams