Superfood Fudge Torte
Superfood Fudge Torte
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (ground in a food processor)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Blueberry and Spinach Puree:
For the Torte:
For the Spiced Yogurt Topping:
- Make the Blueberry and Spinach Puree:Bring the spinach and 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine the spinach, blueberries, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Process on high until smooth, stopping occasionally, if necessary to scrape the sides. Add a little more water if necessary, to make a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Make the Torte: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom only (not the sides) of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Put the butter and chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the butter and chocolate are melted. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, agave, and the blueberry and spinach puree. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the brown rice flour, flax meal, cocoa powder, oats, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine, do not over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pie plate. Bake until a cake tester or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make the Spiced Yogurt Topping: While the torte is baking, mix the yogurt, maple syrup, and cinnamon together until smooth and combine. (The topping can be made ahead, store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.)
- Allow the torte to cool completely in the pan before cutting into 8 wedges. Add a dollop of the spiced yogurt topping to each serving. The torte will keep, covered tightly, for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 29 grams
- 5 grams
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 38 milligrams
- 78 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 21 grams