Post-Thanksgiving Monte Cristo
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 6 ounces cooked turkey breast (sliced)
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce, mustard, and rosemary. Lay out the slices of bread. Divide the mustard mixture evenly over the 8 slices of bread and spread almost to the edges. Divide the cheese slices among the bread. Divide the turkey over every other slice of bread. Sandwich the turkey and a cheese slices together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil to the pan and heat for 1 minute. Working with one sandwich at a time, dip both sides of the sandwich in the batter and place directly into the hot pan. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the first side is golden brown.
- Remove the lid, flip each sandwich and continue to cook on the remaining side until golden brown and the cheese is melted, approximately another 4 minutes. Cook in batches if needed. Sprinkle one side of each sandwich with powdered sugar and serve warm.