You must be signed in to print this content
Lemon Crepes with Almond Mascarpone
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped Marcona almonds
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
- Melted dark chocolate (optional)
For The Lemon Crepes:
Almond Mascarpone Filling:
- This recipe originated on Giada In Italy: Episode: Flavors of Capri.
For the lemon crepes:
- Whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
For the almond mascarpone filling:
- Combine the heavy cream, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla extract in a separate medium bowl. Using a handheld mixer, beat on medium until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Fold in the chopped almonds.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of the butter and swirl the pan until the butter is melted and coats the pan (you can also use a pastry brush to brush softened butter into the pan). Add 1/4 cup of the batter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom with an even thin coating of batter. Cook for 2 minutes, gently flip the crepe and cook for another minute on the other side. Remove to a plate and continue with the remaining batter, adding more butter as needed.
- To serve, place 1 heaping tablespoon almond mascarpone filling on one quarter of a crepe. Gently fold the crepe in half and then in half again making sort of a triangle. Serve 2 per plate, sprinkle with blueberries and dust with more lemon zest and powdered sugar. Drizzle with chocolate, if desired.